NEWS UPDATE: PDP FACTION WARNS AGAINST ILLEGAL TAKEOVER OF NATIONAL SECRETARIAT

PDP FACTION WARNS AGAINST ILLEGAL TAKEOVER OF NATIONAL SECRETARIAT


The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) faction aligned with former Minister of Justice, Tanimu Turaki, has issued a strong warning against any attempt by expelled members to forcefully occupy the party’s National Secretariat or other PDP-owned properties.

In a statement released on Friday and signed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Ini Ememobong, the faction disclosed that it had received intelligence suggesting that some expelled members were planning to gain access to the secretariat, either forcibly or with alleged support from security operatives.

According to the statement, any such action would be unlawful and would attract immediate legal consequences.

The PDP said it had already formally notified relevant law enforcement authorities, including the Inspector-General of Police and the Commissioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Command, stressing that the ownership and control of the national secretariat remain subject to ongoing court proceedings.

“The secretariat remains a res before the Federal High Court, Abuja, and the Court of Appeal,” the party stated, noting that the matter is still under judicial determination.

The faction warned that any attempt to occupy the property while the case is pending would amount to self-help and a violation of established legal principles.

“Any move to enter or occupy these properties would be an affront to the authority of the courts, especially when parties have voluntarily submitted themselves to judicial processes,” the statement said.

The party further clarified that the legal action before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik was initiated by the expelled members themselves, insisting that they are legally bound to await the outcome of the case.

The PDP also cautioned the Nigeria Police Force, which it said is listed as a party in the suit, against taking any action that could compromise the court’s authority.

“Granting access to any individual or group pending the determination of the suit would amount to contempt of court,” the party warned.

Reaffirming its position, the PDP pledged to deploy all lawful means to protect its assets and prevent any form of trespass.

It added that responsibility for any injury to persons or damage to property arising from such actions would rest solely with those involved and any collaborators.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST IN: ONDO GOVT ORDERS TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF SELECTED SCHOOLS AHEAD OF STATE ASSEMBLY ELECTION

JUST IN: APC ONDO APPOINTS OLAWALE IJANUSI AS SPECIAL ASSISTANT ON NEW MEDIA

JUST IN: MATO CRUSHES INCUMBENT ADEFIRANYE, CLINCHES APC REPS TICKET WITH LANDSLIDE VICTORY