JUST IN: ONDO POLICE NAB FOUR SUSPECTED KIDNAPPERS OVER DEADLY ILU-ABO ATTACK, RECOVER ₦1.4 MILLION RANSOM
ONDO POLICE NAB FOUR SUSPECTED KIDNAPPERS OVER DEADLY ILU-ABO ATTACK, RECOVER ₦1.4 MILLION RANSOM
The Ondo State Police Command has announced the arrest of four suspected kidnappers linked to a violent attack along Liberty Avenue, Ilu-Abo, which earlier resulted in the death of a resident and the abduction of a female victim.
According to a statement issued on Friday by the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abayomi Jimoh, the arrest followed ongoing investigations into the January 26, 2026 incident that led to the death of one John Ofuduwa and the kidnapping of Oladeinde Tomilola, who was later released by her captors.
The police said the breakthrough came after receiving credible intelligence that suspected kidnappers were lodging in a hotel located behind Ado Garage in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
Acting on the information, operatives of the Command’s Tactical Teams, working in collaboration with the Ondo State Security Network Agency, also known as Amotekun Corps, carried out a swift operation that led to the arrest of four suspects.
The suspects were identified as Abdullahi Ismaila, 20; Babanyara Japi, 25; Babuga Abubakar, 25; and Adama Usman, 15.
During the operation, security operatives reportedly recovered the sum of ₦1.4 million from the suspects. The police believe the money may be proceeds from ransom payments linked to kidnapping activities. The recovered cash has been taken into police custody as evidence.
Preliminary investigations indicated that the suspects allegedly confessed to being members of a criminal syndicate operating around the Eleyowo, Ilu-Abo, and Ogbese areas of Ondo State. The rescued victim, Oladeinde Tomilola, was also said to have positively identified the suspects and reportedly expressed appreciation to the police for their efforts in the case.
The Command stated that further investigations are ongoing to determine the full extent of the suspects’ involvement in kidnapping, armed robbery, and other criminal activities within the state and possibly beyond. Authorities are also working to track down other members of the suspected criminal network and establish whether the group is connected to other kidnapping incidents previously reported in the state.
Commissioner of Police Adebowale Lawal reaffirmed the Command’s commitment to tackling kidnapping, robbery, cultism, and other violent crimes across Ondo State. He noted that security agencies in the state are intensifying intelligence-driven operations to ensure that criminal elements have no safe haven.
The police also emphasized that the operation reflects ongoing collaboration between the Nigeria Police Force and the Ondo State Security Network Agency in strengthening security across the state.
Residents were urged to continue supporting security agencies by providing timely and credible information that could help prevent crime and facilitate the arrest of offenders.
The Command further advised victims of criminal activities to make themselves available for debriefing, noting that such cooperation helps security agencies improve investigations and crime-fighting strategies.

Comments
Post a Comment