NEWS UPDATE: POLICE ARREST ALLEGED KIDNAPPING KINGPIN LINKED TO IKARE-AKOKO FARM ABDUCTION

 POLICE ARREST ALLEGED KIDNAPPING KINGPIN LINKED TO IKARE-AKOKO FARM ABDUCTION


The Ondo State Police Command has announced the arrest of a suspected kidnapping ringleader linked to a major abduction incident that occurred in Ikare-Akoko, Akoko North-East Local Government Area of the state.

Police authorities said the suspect, identified as Abdullahi Lawal, was apprehended after months of intelligence-led operations aimed at tracking his movements following his escape during an earlier police raid.

According to a statement issued on Tuesday by the Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, DSP Abayomi Jimoh, the arrest represents a significant breakthrough in the ongoing effort by security agencies to combat kidnapping and violent crimes across Ondo State.

The police disclosed that Lawal, a resident of Aderoju Camp in Ugbe Akoko Town, was allegedly the mastermind behind the kidnapping of Aremu Tijani, which occurred on August 18, 2025, at the victim’s bush farm within the Ikare-Akoko axis.

The command explained that shortly after the abduction incident last year, security operatives launched a tactical operation targeting the suspected criminal gang responsible for the crime.

During the operation, police operatives reportedly engaged members of the gang, leading to the neutralisation of three suspects, while four other individuals were arrested in connection with the case.

However, the alleged gang leader, Abdullahi Lawal, managed to escape from the scene during the confrontation with security operatives, although he reportedly sustained gunshot injuries during the encounter.

Following his escape, the police said the suspect was immediately placed on an intelligence watchlist while investigators intensified surveillance and intelligence gathering to track his possible hideouts.

After several months of coordinated security operations and intelligence monitoring, police operatives eventually located and arrested the suspect in Ikare-Akoko.

Police authorities confirmed that the suspect has since made confessional statements during interrogation and will be charged to court upon the conclusion of investigations.

The Ondo State Police Command reiterated its commitment to combating kidnapping and other forms of violent crime across the state, assuring residents that efforts are ongoing to dismantle criminal networks operating within communities.

The Commissioner of Police, CP Adebowale Lawal, commended the dedication and professionalism of officers involved in the operation, noting that intelligence-driven policing remains a key strategy in addressing security challenges.

The command also expressed appreciation to members of the public who continue to provide useful information that assists law enforcement agencies in tracking criminal suspects.

Residents were urged to remain vigilant and to promptly report suspicious activities to the nearest police station or through official security channels.

Authorities emphasised that proactive security measures remain in place across the state to safeguard lives and property while ensuring that individuals involved in criminal activities are brought to justice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUST IN: ONDO GOVT ORDERS TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF SELECTED SCHOOLS AHEAD OF STATE ASSEMBLY ELECTION

JUST IN: APC ONDO APPOINTS OLAWALE IJANUSI AS SPECIAL ASSISTANT ON NEW MEDIA

JUST IN: MATO CRUSHES INCUMBENT ADEFIRANYE, CLINCHES APC REPS TICKET WITH LANDSLIDE VICTORY